Subject: Newsgroup - Better hierarchy
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Bagley)
To: [email-masked] (Lightwave List)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 09:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

It seems the majority are in favor of a news group. I would prefer a
regular newsgroup to an alt.*, but an alt.* might be a good solution
until the real comp.* group gets going.

The location for this group should allow for growth and should be
relevant to the topics we are discussing. Putting this under
comp.graphics.raytracing.lw-3d, comp.sys.graphics.lw-3d, or
comp.graphics.lw-3d is not the best place since what we are really
discussing are NewTek systems and products; Toaster (Switcher,
CG, ToasterPaint, ChromaFX,) Flyer, ScreamerNet, Lightwave, Modeler, etc.

I believe the following hierarchy make much more sense.

    comp.sys.newtek.*

        comp.sys.newtek                 Announcments, rumors, gripes, etc.
        comp.sys.newtek.lightwave       Lightwave & Modeler
        comp.sys.newtek.toaster         Switcher, CG, Paint, ChromaFX
        comp.sys.newtek.flyer           Toaster Flyer
        comp.sys.newtek.net             Networking
	comp.sys.newtek.3rdparty	AlphaPaint, Montage, etc.
        comp.sys.newtek.forsale         If you want it, here it is!

This is the type of discussion goes on once the RFD has been made,
and I will repost this message to news.groups once the RFD gets posted.

P.S.  Thank you Daniel J McCoy for keeping us all from going
      through LightWave withdrawels... Much worse than heroin IMHO.

 _____  Kevin Bagley  [email-masked]  206-743-6659   NSS 32881
  )___)  _    _   _   Quote for the day:     "I Hate Computers!"
_/___)  (_(__(_)_/_)_ Disclaimer: I don't think, therefore I am not.
______________/                   (I think!)